The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness (BSMHD)
is the only UK charity that focuses entirely on the promotion of positive mental health of Deaf people
Hear Deaf Mental Health Project in Wales
Our 'Hear Deaf Mental Health in Wales' 3 year project (2016 - 2019) was successfully completed in December 2019. During the 3 years, some of the highlights of the project were:
- We trained over 110 people in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Four deaf people became MHFA Instructors
- Over 40 people attended Mindfullness courses
- We supported nearly 70 people under the Mental Health Advocacy stream of the project which supported accessible services
- We were in partnership with Action on Hearing Loss, BDA Wales, Centre for Sign, Sight & Sound and Training in Mind/MHFA (Wales)
Our thanks are due to the Community Fund (previously Big Lottery) for the great help and advise.
Annual General Meeting 28th February 2020
Times are from 1.30 to 2.30 and tea and coffee will be served.
The address is Lecture theatre, The Barberry, Vincent Drive, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2FG.
After the AGM, there will be a presentation from Sally Austen and her team on "Assessing people with mental health problems - What to look for" Thanks to Sally Austen for hosting of our AGM.
The nearest train station is University, which is about 5 minutes by train from Birmingham New Street.
By car, please note parking is difficult – the only options are a local multi-storey and there’s always a queue OR you can park on the A4040 which is about half a mile away.
Herbert Klein, Our President
Herbert Klein our President is the recipient of the BDA's Frances Maginn Award.