The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness (BSMHD)
is the only UK charity that focuses entirely on the promotion of positive mental health of Deaf people
Statement regarding the change of name from “The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness” to “The British Society for Mental Health and Deaf People” (BSMHD)
PRESS RELEASE The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness are updating their principal name to“The British Society for Mental Health and Deaf People”.The main reason for this change is that the term ‘Deafness’ has a negative connotation to it, and does not reflect Deaf people’s strengths and abilities. BSMHD trustees feel it is time…
BSMHD webinar – Older Deaf People – are we leaving them behind? Thursday 13th October, 2022, 1-4pm.
Click here to book your place. For more information, please contact email@example.com
More information about the programme, registration
details, and early bird pricing, will be available on the
BSMHD website soon. Watch this space!
BSL/English interpreters will be provided.
Because of the Coronavirus crisis, BSMHD has created two lists: one of all Adult Mental Health services in the UK and the other is of all Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in the UK.
The aim is to ensure that anyone who is supporting a Deaf person who may need mental health support can contact the services directly.
Join us and become a member to support us. It's free!
BSMHD is a membership organisation
BSMHD is a membership organisation.
Because of GDPR regulations any organisation holding personal information is required to inform you of the following:
- We must communicate clearly with you
- You have access to the information we have on you
- You have the right to change the information if factually wrong
- You have the right to erase the information we have about you
- You can restrict how we process your information
- We must notify you that we have this information
- We need to inform you when this information will be deleted
- You have the right to ask us not to pass on information to other people
- You can object to us - BSMHD having any information about you
- You have the right to request that we do not subject your information to automatic decision making without your permission