Guidance and Information
The British Society for Mental Health and Deafness (BSMHD)
is the only UK charity that focuses entirely on the promotion of positive mental health of Deaf people
Welcome to our Guidance documents
We, the Board of BSMHD, would like to thank many people, whether working for an organisation or volunteering as an individual, for their great work in supporting the Deaf community through the Covid-19 crisis.
We also noticed that at this difficult time, there are now additional barriers for Deaf people. Some organisations have been creative in enabling Deaf people to gain access to their services, but there are still many that are difficult to access.
So we have created four simple and practical Guidance documents for the most critical services: GPs, Hospitals, Emergency teams within hospitals and Social care staff.
If you wish to download and print to share with your local GP, hospital or Social Services, please feel free to do this.
The Board, BSMHD
Coronavirus Impact Guidance for Social Care Services
Coronavirus Impact Guidance for Emergency Teams
Coronavirus Impact Guidance for Hospitals
Coronavirus Impact Guidance for GPs
Join us and become a member to support us. It is free!
BSMHD is a membership organisation.
Because of GDPR regulations any organisation holding personal information is required to inform you of the following:
- We must communicate clearly with you
- You have access to the information we have on you
- You have the right to change the information if factually wrong
- You have the right to erase the information we have about you
- You can restrict how we process your information
- We must notify you that we have this information
- We need to inform you when this information will be deleted
- You have the right to ask us not to pass on information to other people
- You can object to us - BSMHD having any information about you
- You have the right to request that we do not subject your information to automatic decision making without your permission