Online Conference, Tuesday 29th June 2021
Call for papers
BSMHD is delighted to announce that in partnership with St Andrew’s
Healthcare, we will be hosting an online conference on Tuesday 29th June 2021. The conference will be accessible in both British Sign Language and English.
We are accepting proposals for presentations and posters under the theme of diversity, deaf people and mental health. Proposals can be made in BSL (recorded video clip) or written English using our Submission Form. We are particularly interested in the following:
- Diversity in the deaf population: ethnic minority groups, additional disabilities, LGBTQA+, etc.
- Diversity, deaf people and trauma;
- Examples of coproduction and working in partnership with Deaf people;
- Evaluations and audits of effective mental health care and services;
- Involving Carers and families in the care of Deaf patients
We particularly welcome presentations / posters that have been produced with service users.
There will be awards presented for the following categories: (i) best presentation; (ii) Best conference poster; and (iii) best example of co-produced work. Winners will be announced at the end of the conference.
The final date for submissions is 26 February 2021. We will let you know soon after whether your submission has been accepted.
Please send your submissions (written English or video of BSL) on our submission form by email to email@example.com.
We will announce registration fees soon. A reduced registration fee will be offered to successful submissions and BSMHD members.