ACTivate Your Life course in BSL: Deaf Wellbeing
This course, delivered in BSL by Deaf presenters, helps us to learn how to look after ourselves, keep our minds and bodies well and how to carry on being healthy. The course was created by a clinical psychologist, Dr Neil Frude, based in Cardiff, South Wales, to help people learn how to improve their mental health and wellbeing. He wants this course to be accessible to everyone, including Deaf people.
The course is split into 4 ACTS:
- ACT 1: How your mind works
- ACT 2: Accept what you cannot change
- ACT 3: Mindfulness
- ACT 4: Your values
BSMHD was one of the organisations that provided the financial support for the filming of the course.
Here is the link to the videos:
- Introduction – ACTivate – Deaf wellbeing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MvzNtdJKQc
- ACT 1: How your mind works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6g2pGwxZXE
- ACT 2: Accept what you cannot change: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlx_Y7UqG7s
- ACT 3: Mindfulness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgWPsvfOvs4
- ACT 4: Your values: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYUv9K-GuE
Behind the Scenes - https://youtu.be/GPz1_nOEwT4
More information about this course can be found in the article below: https://limpingchicken.com/2022/01/31/dr-sara-rhys-jones-why-weve-launched-activate-your-life-a-deaf-wellbeing-online-course-with-bsl-video/
For anyone who needs more support or advice for mental health concerns, please look at the following websites:
- SignHealth: https://www.signhealth.org.uk
- SHOUT: https://www.giveusashout.org
Any questions or feedback about the course, please email or send a BSL clip to firstname.lastname@example.org.